January 24, 2012

My new daily GS! because not racecar!

One of the only cars I ever wanted when it was new.

'02 GS430 136,000kms (84,500miles)





Reminds me a lot of the IS300, barely feels heavier to me. The throttle feels slower then the IS300 throttle (electronic throttle delay)

Short term: Snow tires and a Blitz throttle control unit

Long term: Light upgraded suspension, nice 18" proper wheels. I'm not going VIP with this, I've posted a silver Wald GS before that got my attention for being more OEMish, I'd like to keep all the versatility of a stock car for year round use, but tighten up the ride and handling. Since I'm not planning on changing the bodywork I think carefully selected 18" wheels are a good medium for street use and long roadtrips.

Bottom line, I don't want to build myself a racecar. because not racecar.