February 22, 2011

3495 mile roadtrip? no problem!

Went on a nice little roadtrip from Ottawa down to Cape Coral, FL in the Protege.

The car was flawless, tons of hwy power, managed to get 29.5mpg on average too!

Total distance was 3495miles and 60hours of driving. The only problem I found was the car is so light that it gets pushed around more than usual near trucks and big wind gusts. Also, my ankle was missing cruise control.

I can't believe how great this car has been. I always thought swapped cars would always be a constant pain and never feel like they could make a long trip. I feel different about my own swapping abilities now.

Stopped at Summit Racing in Ga for some IS300 ARP wheel bolts for the Cressta. Also dropped by Enjuku to grab a Ross Tuffbond 1J crank pulley, locking aerocatch, muteki chrome steel open lugs, and a 17x9.5 MB battle to match the offset of my SSR SP1 to form a nasty pair for the rear.